Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sally Louise Jarvis


One from Ethel's archives and presumably sent to her sister Ada. I do not recognise the name so am not sure if she is actually related. Apparently "she looks like her grandpa Jarvis" - could this be Bob/Bobo? Ethel mentions Peter Alan Mackie. He was born in 1938 and Ethel would have been in her mid forties then. So I am not sure why she was musing on having a caesarian. I do not know what she means by "Still no baby." Perhaps Jack or Peter is married by now and Ethel is looking forward to becoming a grandmother. It is interesting that she makes a reference to Dory (short for Dorothy) Precious, the first child of Ethel and Ada's sister Annie.
Update July 2016*
Transcription of text Sally Louise Jarvis. Isn't she a sweet little kid. She looks like her grandpa Jarvis. I think I told you she was born caesarean - I'd have one that way myself - if I thought she would be like this one - or if not like her & a him - like Peter Alan Mackie - he is lovely. Still no baby but my own and yours have ever looked as beautiful to me as Dory Precious did.
This post http://mackiegenealogy.blogspot.co.uk/2008/02/shirley-and-sally-louise.html has a photo of Sally and her mother and I have added information about her parents so shall not repeat it all here.
Sally was born on 4 March 1940 in California https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VGDK-6LV
There are two likely marriage entries for Sally L Jarvis, born 1940, marrying Cecil H Abbott, aged 28 in California in 1960. One gives the date as 9 April in Imperial and the other as 25 June in Los Angeles.
 

No comments: